Get Adobe Acrobat
An up-to-date version of Adobe Acrobat is necessary to view e-reserves.
Step-by-step Guide to Accessing E-Reserves
- From the North Hall Library Homepage (click here to follow along in a separate window), click on the Reserves tab and then Reserves & E-Reserves.
- Choose an Instructor, Course or Department from the pop-up lists, and click on Search.
- NOTE: Your instructor will provide you with a password to be used to access all of the e-reserves in an individual course.
- A list of titles on reserve will display. This list includes e-reserves as well as print and non-print (videos, music, etc.) reserves. Click on one of the titles on this list.
- If an item is available as an e-reserve, there will be a link that says "Click Here For Article". Click on the link.
- If you are on campus, A password protection box will pop-up.
- Enter the four character password for the class e-reserves provided by the instructor. The e-reserve will open in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- If you are off campus, you will be asked to enter your 18-digit ID number from your university ID card. Once your ID number is verified, click on the link that says "Click Here for Article" and enter the four character document password. The article will open in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Use the browser's back button to return to the MU Library Catalog (PILOT) if you want to access other e-reserves. NOTE: You will need to enter the 4 character course-specific password to access each article.
Common Problems with E-Reserves
PDF not displaying at all, or you receive a blank screen:
- Make sure you have the current version of Acrobat Reader.
- You can also try downloading the PDF to your computer and manually opening it in Acrobat Reader.
You don't have the code for your class, or the code doesn't work:
- Call the Information Desk and we will help: 570-662-4671
Googe Chrome Users:
- Google Chrome has its own PDF viewer, but it does not work with our e-reserves. Here is information on from Google on how to remedy the problem.
- Google Chrome users can also download the PDF to their computer and manually open it in Acrobat Reader.
Having trouble accessing E-Reserves?
Contact the Information Desk at 570-662-4671 or email us through our Ask a Librarian online form.